So here's my long overdue list of five things you probably didn't know about me.
- I can juggle. In fact, for a while in college one of my favorite extracurricular activities was traveling with friends to various juggling festivals in the Midwest. The photo shows me juggling at a Renaissance Fair when I was in high school. I'm a bit out of practice now, but I can still juggle three clubs or four balls. I've been on the verge of being able to juggle 5 balls for the last 10 years, but for the most part I just juggle produce in the grocery aisles these days.
- If you couldn't tell from the picture on the side, I also used to have hair halfway down my back.
- My first paying gig in radio was a 2.5 hour anchoring job on the weekends. I spent about an hour of that time waiting for a short break in A Prairie Home Companion so I could play a promo, read 30 seconds of a weather forecast and then go home.
- I spent the better part of a year managing the wine department in a retail store in Chicago, but I don't really drink much. In fact, I've never been drunk in my life.
- My first computer was an Atari 800XL.